Inthemarket® serves as a platform for buyers wanting to pay for goods and services. Inthemarket® is not involved with the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and cannot guarantee that a buyer or seller will complete a transaction.
Users of Inthemarket® should be aware that:
• You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to place an ad or otherwise engage in any transaction on Inthemarket®.
• Member Ads on Inthemarket® are posted SOLELY BY BUYERS. Inthemarket® does not participate in, or is party to any ad transaction(s).
• Inthemarket® has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the goods and services sought, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of buyers to buy such goods and services, or sellers to sell such goods and services.
• Buyers and sellers are solely responsible for all aspects of any transaction in which they participate, including, without limitation, all applicable taxes and all costs incurred by participating in Inthemarket®.
• Buyers and sellers are solely responsible for protecting themselves and resolving any disputes that may arise between them resulting from Inthemarket® transactions. Inthemarket® cannot mediate disputes or assume responsibility for any outcome.
• All transactions conducted on Inthemarket® must be consistent with any applicable laws and Inthemarket®'s Site Policy, which is incorporated herein. Buyers and sellers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on goods, services or information; or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
• Inthemarket® reserves the unrestricted right to reject, cancel or remove any ad for any reason at any time.
• Inthemarket® reserves the right to, at any time, revise the design, look and feel and layout of the Inthemarket® site.
We want our members to have a safe experience using Inthemarket®. Any time you engage in person-to-person dealing, you must protect yourself against those who seek to take advantage of others. Here are a few safety guidelines you should follow:
• Request personal information, including addresses and phone numbers (including work and home). If the person does not want to provide you this information or otherwise protests, you should probably deal with someone else.
• Never send money up front that is unsecured (i.e. cash, personal check). Use COD's, credit cards (if possible) or payment services.
• Keep all records, including emails, listings, shipping receipts, checks, notes and personal information of the other party.
• Ask a lot of questions if you feel you need more information. A legitimate seller or buyer will almost always take the time to answer.
• If the transaction involves a large purchase, ask for references.
• Use common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Ad Content Rules
Inthemarket® reserves the right to review all ad submissions for editorial integrity, appropriateness and adherence to Inthemarket®'s Site Policy. Also note:
1. Profanity: Should the title, description, URL or any other content of your ad contain words that are offensive or profane, the ad will be rejected.
2. Irrelevance: If the content of an ad is contextually irrelevant to the category in which it is listed, then that ad will be rejected.
3. Sexual Content: If the content of an ad is pornographic or sexually offensive, the ad will be rejected.
4. Illegal: Any ad that promotes goods and services deemed to be illegal or unethical will be rejected.
Note to Buyers and Sellers
Whether a buyer or seller, you must comply with the following:
1. You may not use this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including, without limitation, collecting payment from buyers and not providing the goods and services purchased, requiring a monetary investment by anyone at any time, or promote a multi-level marketing position, ponzi or pyramid scheme.
2. You may not spam our system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our system. You may not put any material on Inthemarket® that contains any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
3. You may not solicit Inthemarket® users to post ads on other sites.
4. You may not offer to buy or offer for sale goods and services in a jurisdiction where doing so would violate applicable laws or regulations. You also may not offer to buy or offer for sale goods and services which violates Inthemarket®'s policies as described below in "Prohibited Listings."
5. Buyers must accurately describe WHAT goods and services they seek, WHEN they want to buy, and the PRICE they will pay. ADS POSTED WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION WILL BE DELETED! Sellers may not require buyers to register at any other site before getting detailed information about such goods and services sought.
6. You must list your ad in the most appropriate category and may not post multiple identical ads within the same category.
7. You may not offer goods and services that you do not have the right to sell, or that does not exist at the time you make an offer.
8. You may not post an ad through unauthorized robots (crawling software).
Buyers and sellers are solely responsible for ensuring that goods and services listed are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. We want our users to have a safe experience. By using Inthemarket®, you agree that you will not offer to buy, offer for sale, request and/or offer any of the following under ANY circumstances:
1. Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
2. Firearms, ammunition or accessories, including, without limitation, scopes and silencers;
3. Switchblade knives, martial arts weapons or other concealed weapons;
4. Explosive devices (or equipment to construct one) or material, including, without limitation, fireworks or other hazardous materials or chemicals;
5. Illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture, or distribute drugs), prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, medical or prescription devices;
6. Tobacco and Alcohol (except related products for collection purposes only);
7. Items, goods or services that violate any international export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of any international embargo;
8. Items that infringe the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity or privacy rights of third parties;
9. Stolen or counterfeit goods;
10. Lockpicking materials and devices;
11. Hate material, including without limitation, any material that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hate or hate speech or violent positions or acts. Items associated with groups or individuals known principally for their hateful or violent positions are prohibited. Expressive media, such as books and films, may be subject to more permissive standards as determined by Inthemarket® in its sole discretion.
12. Any animal, live or otherwise, that are subject to regulations or laws, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any items made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation. Ads seeking the purchase or adoption of domesticated pets are acceptable on Inthemarket®;
13. Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by a government agency or product manufacturer;
14. Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, cable or other types of communications and transmissions;
15. Human parts, remains, cells and bodily fluids;
16. Government-issued identification documents or IDs, police badges or insignia, and any other law enforcement items (e.g., badges, uniforms, flashing lights/sirens, etc.);
17. Stocks and securities;
18. Listings constituting solicitations to commit criminal activity;
19. Gambling items, including, without limitation, lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles and slot machines;
20. Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable;
21. Event tickets sold for prices that are in violation of the laws or regulations of the event venue;
22. Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items regulated by applicable legal regulations;
23. "Adult oriented" products or services, as determined in Inthemarket® sole discretion;
24. Bulk email lists and other mailing lists;
25. Child adoption solicitations and offers;
26. Listings solely for the purpose of soliciting or raising money without selling goods or services in exchange;
27. Term papers, thesis papers, dissertations, and book reports;
28. Any other goods and services that violates any applicable law or regulation or which Inthemarket® determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Inthemarket®.
This list may be amended and modified at any time by Inthemarket® in its sole discretion and Inthemarket® reserves the unrestricted right to reject, cancel or remove any ad for any reason at any time.
We encourage our members and users to be proactive in protecting themselves and other Inthemarket® users. If you see a listing that violates our rules or you feel is inappropriately placed, please contact us via the 'Report Abuse' link located at the bottom of each ad.
Internet Fraud Complaint Center
FTC Video: How to report scams to the FTC
FTC online complaint form
FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
Consumer Sentinel/Military (for reports from services members or their families)
SIIA Software and Content Piracy reporting
The ad duration begins the day your ad is placed live on Inthemarket® and continues in effect for the duration stated during the ad insertion process. If you do not choose to renew, simply do nothing and your ad and all replies will be removed from Inthemarket® at the end of the ad duration.
Editing and/or deleting your ad from Inthemarket®
Once an ad is placed, it CANNOT be edited. Review your ad carefully before submission. Buyers can delete their ad(s) at any time prior to expiration.